Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blog #6

Cigarette smokers are looked down upon more and more in society each day. Smoking used to be allowed everywhere, from restraunts to airplanes, now it is barely allowed outdoors. On FGCU campus there are designated smoking areas, and they are even trying to get rid of those and make it a smoke free campus. Cigarettes are not illegal, they are a personal choice of lifestyle. Smokers are being treated like criminals almost. On campus if you are not in a designated smoking area, you will get a fine of $25 for your first offense. Anytime after that the dollar amount increases for each citation.
to be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Ok first of all America was founded on tobacco if you look. We harvested it and that's how the first colony really made money. I really don't care if smokers smoke. Its like come on what are they going to do next regulate where we"re allowed to walk. oh wait they already kind of do. But i mean come on i agree with you in the fact that they are treating smokers like a disease that is making society look bad. Obviously there are a lot of bad things about smoking but its a personal choice and i don't think that other people should be allowed to regulate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, personally I hate cigarette and cigarette smoke more than a lot of things. I am totally on FGCU's side when it comes to regulating where people can and cannot smoke. Second hand smoke triggers my migraines and if I know where people are going to be smoking and I can avoid that area, then my whole day is saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! i dont smoke cigarettes because they are not good for you but it is a personal choice. If someone doesnt want to receive second hand smoke then they can walk around where the smokers are. But this is a free country and if someone wants to smoke it is totally there decision.

    ReplyDelete