Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Blog #5 Carbon Footprint
A carbon footprint is the impact resources have on global warming from green house emissions. Every individual can make a difference in the carbon footprint by making little changes in their everyday life. Personally one way to reduce the carbon footprint is to take the stairs rather than the elevator. If i have to go up five flights of stairs, there is no reason to use the electricity to call the elevator and have it use more energy to go back up. If I have to go up to the twenty-fifth floor, i am going to use the elevator. If it isn't necessary I'm not going to waste resources. Not only am I conserving energy, I am helping myself out health wise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your right, Caroline, unless someone really has to take the elevator because of certain situation, people should use the elevator. I remember when I first came here, I took the elevators in most buildings, but only because I didn't know where the stairs were. I mean, I still use the elevator sometimes,but only when I really have to, or if its more convinient, for example like you mentioned, to go up twenty-five stair flight, it would probably be faster if I took the elevator.
ReplyDeleteI agree with both of you Caroline and Ana, I think that elevators are a great waste of energy and should only be used if absolutely necessary. I think that escalators are also a waste of electricity. I really don't know if escalators are meant for people to go up faster of for people to just be lazy. Escalators not only waste energy but it's another factor that I think contributes to obesity. I think we should all try to decrease our carbon footprint it is very important for our future and the future of our planet Earth!
ReplyDelete