Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blog #4 Library Tutorial

In the tutorial for the library I learned about the database search engines. They have scholarly articles and peer reviewed journals, as well as e-books, unlike just searching in Google. Using the databases i know the information will be factual and strongly support the point I am trying to make.

I also was refreshed about plagarism. I already was aware of what plagirism was, and have always avoided anything with confusion of what may or may not be. If not sure, cite it! Plagirism can get you expelled from a university, then making it very difficult to get into any other university. Just do your own work, otherwise your whole future can be ruined.

Three things I didn't know were:
1) how to use the database to find "general information"
2) The skunk ape existed
3) saving books to a folder in the library to find it later on

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you and its the reason I liked the databases because they are more reliable compared to google or wikipedia.
    Yeah, your right it's better to make sure and cite it, rather than get penalized for it.
    I thought it was a little suspicious, the whole skunk ape exists situation. I have doubts, but maybe I'll be able to do more research now that I know how to in the library's databases.

    ReplyDelete