Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog #3 FIRE

Sitting on fold up camping chairs surrounding a crackling fire in a fire pit made of large rocks is so relaxing. Hanging out around a fire on a cool starry night, there isn't anything better. The scent of burning tree limbs brings back childhood memories. The embers drifiting up into the dark night sky like little fireflies. The flame dancing up and down, and slowly swaying side to side with the slight breeze. Almost as if it had life. A fire is so beautiful, but if it isn't controlled it can destroy other beauty creating a burnt lifeless scene.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked how u you really used your senses here, I could feel what you went through.You have a unique way with words. You make me wonder where you were. It also reminds me of my childhood memories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Caroline that sounds so peaceful!!!! You are so descriptive; it really makes me visualize the fire! I wish I could go and see a bond fire right about now! I bet it would be so stress-relieving, since I'm a bit stressed about finals!!!! I remember when I was younger and my parents would make really small fires (I mean really small), and we would make burned marshmallows!!!!

    ReplyDelete